Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Axel Beckert <ab...@cs.uni-sb.de> on 2001/09/18 14:06:33 UTC

EMBPERL_FILESMATCH seems to match Location and not File Name

Hi!

I've got some problems with EMBPERL_FILESMATCH. According to
documentation, it should match against the file names. But in
combination with MultiViews it matches against the location as
MultiViews sees them. Example:

<Files *.xhtml>
    SetHandler "perl-script"
    Options +ExecCGI

    PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_FILESMATCH \.xhtml$
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16400

    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_MAIL_ERRORS_TO wwwadmin@kathrin.dagstuhl.de
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_MAILFROM wwwadmin@kathrin.dagstuhl.de
</Files>

MultiViews is enabled in the appropriate directories.

We have the following four files: /x/index.de.xhtml and /x/index.en.xhtml

Accept-Languages is "de; en"

If I now request /x/index, I'll get /x/index.de.xhtml returned, but
not parsed. If I instead request /x/index.de.xhtml, it get's parsed.
If I comment "PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_FILESMATCH \.xhtml$" everything works
as expected again.

So EMBPERL_FILESMATCH is matched against the request URI before
MultiViews get's its hands on the URL and not really against the file
name as stored on the file system.

Another example: If do a "DirectoryIndex index", a request to /x/
returns a non-parsed /x/index.de.xhtml as before.

Don't know, if the documentation is written as it should be, or if
it's an documentation bug and the actual behaviour is the wanted one.

P.S.: I subscribed to the ML, but didn't get an receipt or something
like that, so I don't know, if I'll get the replies via the list. So
please CC me, just to be sure. (Reply-To is set, but I'm used that
ml-managers like majordomo often overwrite that header.)

		Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - abe@cs.uni-sb.de - http://abe.home.pages.de/
Student of Computer Science, University of Saarland (Germany)

Re: EMBPERL_FILESMATCH seems to match Location and not File Name

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi!

> I've got some problems with EMBPERL_FILESMATCH. According to
> documentation, it should match against the file names. But in
> combination with MultiViews it matches against the location as
> MultiViews sees them. Example:

Yes, you are right. The documentation is unclear. It matches against the
URI. I have updated the docs.

> P.S.: I subscribed to the ML, but didn't get an receipt or something
> like that, so I don't know, if I'll get the replies via the list. So
> please CC me, just to be sure. (Reply-To is set, but I'm used that
> ml-managers like majordomo often overwrite that header.)

You should get a email that you have to confirm after subscribe. This may
take a time, because the Apache mailserver is sometimes very busy.

Gerald