Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2017/08/02 22:40:00 UTC

[VOTE] Accept Avatica Go code donation

Boostport is proposing to donate an Avatica client written in Go to Calcite’s Avatica sub-project. The details can be found at CALCITE-1240[1]; the current code is in GitHub[2].

The IP clearance steps carried out for this code can be viewed on the Incubator site[3]; in particular, the IP clearance just passed by lazy consensus[4].

Now, the Calcite PMC needs to vote to accept this code into the project:

+1 Accept the code donation
-1 Do not accept the code donation because…

Please note that this vote is to ensure that the PMC has carried out the necessary legal oversights on the incoming code and fulfilled their legal obligations to the ASF so only PMC votes are binding.

However, community members are still welcome to review the code and we look forward to working with the community to develop this code further in the future.

The vote is open for 3 days, and is a non-lazy majority vote. Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Julian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1240

[2] https://github.com/Boostport/avatica/tree/77207918cf826662cb4ea40cfffbfb5cb64bf4a0

[3] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/calcite-avatica-go.html

[4] https://s.apache.org/calcite-avatica-go-clearance-result

Re: [VOTE] Accept Avatica Go code donation

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Avatica Go code donation

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
The vote passes with 4 +1 votes (Julian, Michael, Josh, James) and no 0 or -1 votes.

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@uwaterloo.ca>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1