Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Br...@lowelive.com on 2002/06/20 14:29:31 UTC

url-encoding on cookies with tomcat4, mod_jk on Windows 2000

I have a problem with cookies behaving differently between Tomcat on its
own and Tomcat with mod_jk/Apache2.

My server config is as follows:

Server: Windows 2000
Apache 2
Tomcat 4.0.3
mod_jk

This setup works fine with apache serving up the static content and Tomcat
handling the jsps.
Session cookies also work fine.

My problem stems from encoding.

My application stores cookies on the client to allow automatic login.

Examining the cookies on the client, I found that - as you would expect -
the cookie data is url-encoded.
Running a test jsp that simply prints out the name,value pairs for all the
cookies, I discovered that when viewing my test directly through port 8080,
the cookie data had been un-encoded back to its original string but when
viewed through the connector, the jsp printed out the data in encoded form.

This can easily be fixed in my application by simply unencoding the data
recieved from the cookie but I was wondering if anybody else has seen this
occur or logged it as a bug.

Are there any configuration parameters for mod_jk that alter how it handles
requests that could be involved in this?
Or perhaps the ajp connection handler can be configured differently to the
http connection handler?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan Richards.