Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Timothy <ti...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/21 15:46:07 UTC

MySQL Synchronization

Hi all,

I'm trying to perform provisioning to a MySQL database but I keep getting a
connection failure. When I check the log, I see this message:
java.lang.RuntimeException:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link
failure

My connector is configured as follows:
host: syncope2
port: 3306
user: root
userpassword: password
database: syncope
table: employee
key column: id
password column: password
jdbc driver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc connection url: jdbc:mysql://syncope2:3306/syncope

syncope2 is the hostname of a virtual machine where tomcat is installed.
syncope is the name of the database that is used in MySQL
the jdbc connector jar is located in tomcat/lib

Hope somebody can help me. :)

thanx and with kind regards,

Timothy

Re: MySQL Synchronization

Posted by Massimiliano Perrone <ma...@tirasa.net>.
On 21/05/2013 16:03, Timothy wrote:
> That doesn't work. Unable to connect to remote host: connection refused

Well Timothy, you have just found the root cause of your problem :)
Please resolve it and then try again with your Syncope configuration.

To be more precise, for this kind of question you have to use
user@syncope.apache.org ML not this; dev ML is only to developers question.

Massimiliano

--
Massimiliano Perrone
Tel +39 393 9121310

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~massi/

"L'apprendere molte cose non insegna l'intelligenza"
(Eraclito)

Re: MySQL Synchronization

Posted by Timothy <ti...@gmail.com>.
That doesn't work. Unable to connect to remote host: connection refused

Re: MySQL Synchronization

Posted by Massimiliano Perrone <ma...@tirasa.net>.
On 21/05/2013 15:46, Timothy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to perform provisioning to a MySQL database but I keep getting a
> connection failure. When I check the log, I see this message:
> java.lang.RuntimeException:
> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link
> failure

Hi Timothy,
can you try this: telnet syncope2 3306?

I think that the problem is the communication between Apache Syncope
server and MySQL server.