Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Edit Mera <em...@donay.com> on 2013/09/11 12:32:25 UTC

Re: Donay/Incentify plugin

Hi Dave,
Thanks for adding the Incentify plugin to the list.
I need some help to customize the ticket.html template to show a panel like
on this issue page http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/jruby-5603
In order to do this I have to add a code snippet to the ticket.html
template:
<script type="text/javascript">
    incentify_type = 'allura';
    incentify_width = 728;
    incentify_height = 90;
    incentify_panel_type = 'html';
   </script>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="
http://www.donay.com/site/scripts/incentify.js"<http://www.donay.com/site/scripts/incentify.js>
async>
   </script>

I have read the docs at
http://allura.sourceforge.net/docs/api/lib/package_path_loader.html
What I tried so far:
-adding [forgetracker] or [forgetracker.override] or [tickets] to Incentify
setup.py,
but I get 'invalid tool incentify' error in log when accessing a ticket page

-adding the file
"alluradonayincentify/override/forgetracker/templates/tracker/ticket.html"

-in entry point target class (DonayIncentifyApp):
template_path_rules=[['>','forgetracker']]

-in a RootController class: @expose('jinja:
forgetracker:templates/tracker/ticket.html')
def index...

What do I have to add in setup.py?
What do my ticket.html/controller have to contain? Just the part which is
new, or I have to copy the whole content from the original files and add my
changes?
I apologize for asking such basic things, but my python/allura experience
is quite limited.

Thanks,
Edit

Re: Donay/Incentify plugin

Posted by Cory Johns <jo...@gmail.com>.
The theme override entry point and the app / tool entry point are separate;
my example didn't extend Application nor provide the entry point under the
[allura] group to register it as an installable tool, but you can add that
easily enough.  However, the current implementation of the theme override
is independent of the tool state, so even projects that don't have the tool
installed will get new HTML.  If desired, you could make the template check
whether the tool is installed, but, ideally, the override mechanism should
probably be extended to support selective overriding.  It would also be
nice if we didn't have to duplicate the entire template file just to add to
one small part.

I made the changes mentioned above here:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-allura.git;a=commitdiff;h=334bc343508f832a03fc2ce1c50d95451eff7635
Now the Incentify code is only rendered if the app is installed and
the
option to show enabled.  The iframe was too big for the action bar, so I
also moved it into the ticket body.

Re: Donay/Incentify plugin

Posted by Edit Mera <em...@donay.com>.
Hi Cory,