Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2015/07/04 06:17:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA SDK 2.8.0 rc4

Hi,

RC 4 is the same as rc3 except for this Jira and its fix:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-4501

Previous changes: updating the property to make the right issues-fixed, the copy
iterator issue(s), and mainly other bug fixes, but includes two new things: one
is the index flattening for sorted indexes, and the other is the improved Java
Cas view that's part of the document analyzer.

The list of changes in Jira:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%202.8.0SDK%20AND%20project%20%3D%20UIMA

The source and binary zip/tars and the Eclipse update site are staged to
http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uimaj-2.8.0-rc4
<http://people.apache.org/%7Eschor/uima-release-candidates/uimaj-2.8.0-rc4>

The Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1059

The SVN tags are here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.8.0/

and for the Eclipse Update Site:
https://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uimaj-2.8.0-rc4/eclipse-update-site/uimaj/
<https://people.apache.org/%7Eschor/uima-release-candidates/uimaj-2.8.0-rc4/eclipse-update-site/uimaj/>

See http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for suggestions on how to test
release candidates.

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA SDK 2.8.0 rc4

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I think Burn has found a significant issue.  I'll probably cancel this vote.
I've started another thread to discuss it.

-Marshall

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
thanks, again :-) .

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Thanks for the quick vote!

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

[VOTE] [CANCEL] Release UIMA SDK 2.8.0 rc4

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Cancelling the vote based on the issue found by Burn regarding generics in
getAllIndexedFS.

-Marshall