Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marcio Ghiraldelli <ma...@neobiz.com.br> on 2006/01/16 14:37:32 UTC

Struts UTF-8

    I am trying to use UTF-8 in my Tomcat 5.5 / Struts 1.2.7 app, but my form beans shows "??" chars in place of international chars.

    1) My JSP's has the UTF-8 encoding declaration
    <%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>

    2) The Tomcat java proccess is running with UTF-8 option:
    /usr/local/jdk1.5.0_05/bin/java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

    The third step is to translate the default ISO request sent by traditional browsers to UTF chars, but Struts automatically populate the formbean when the form is submited, how can I do this?

    Thanks