Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Neil B. Cohen" <nc...@verisign.com> on 2007/09/27 13:26:15 UTC

Adding a jar file...

This question may be as much for Netbeans 6 as for Wicket, but in either
case, I'm stumped...

I want to add the MySQL jdbc driver to my program so I can connect to a
MySQL database. In a regular
VWP project in Netbeans 5.5 I would just add the jar file under the
libraries tab. But it doesn't want to let me do that in Netbeans 6. And
I don't see how to do it manually in Wicket - how would I identify the
driver, and where would I place it so it will be added to the program? I
assume it goes somewhere in the pom.xml file, but I'm not sure where to
put the actual jar file itself...

I put a similar question to the Netbeans forum last night, but have not
heard anything yet. If there is a way to add it manually, that would be
great - at least I can keep working on it....

thanks,

nbc

Re: Adding a jar file...

Posted by "Neil B. Cohen" <nc...@verisign.com>.
Gwyn Evans wrote:
> On Thursday, September 27, 2007, 12:26:15 PM, Neil <nc...@verisign.com> wrote:
>

>> This question may be as much for Netbeans 6 as for Wicket, but in either
>> case, I'm stumped...
>>

>> I want to add the MySQL jdbc driver to my program so I can connect to a
>> MySQL database. In a regular
>> VWP project in Netbeans 5.5 I would just add the jar file under the
>> libraries tab. But it doesn't want to let me do that in Netbeans 6. And
>> I don't see how to do it manually in Wicket - how would I identify the
>> driver, and where would I place it so it will be added to the program? I
>> assume it goes somewhere in the pom.xml file, but I'm not sure where to
>> put the actual jar file itself...

This worked - but only after running mvn install:installfile ... to
actually load the jar file into the system.

Thanks very much!

nbc

Re: Adding a jar file...

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.