Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/19 19:55:53 UTC

LEARNING - Differences between WebService(SOAP) & SOAP/XML-RPC

I've been reading about the two SOAP services (WebService(SOAP) Request and
SOAP/XML-RPC Request) but I'm still not sure I understand them
both.:confused: In my previous posts, I was under a crunch to get some tests
going using this but now that I have the time, I would like to discuss these
two options more in depth to further understand them.

>From the documentation (user's guide) with Jmeter, for the SOAP/XML-RPC
Request it says,

"The primary difference between the soap sampler and webservice sampler, is
the soap sampler uses raw post and does not require conformance to XML."

I just started learning SOAP and XML so my knowledge level is very low on
both of these subjects. Could some one further explain that statement
please? What is meant by "raw post"? I'm guessing that "conformance to XML"
means the standard formatting that XML requires, correct?

Thanks!
Steve

Re: LEARNING - Differences between WebService(SOAP) & SOAP/XML-RPC

Posted by b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com>.
That makes sense now and helps quite a bit!

Thanks sebb-2!
Steve

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.