Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Tahura Chaudhry <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/29 21:42:33 UTC

SimpleXPathAPI and XPathWrapper

The two sample programs, SimpleXPathAPI and XPathWrapper, both read XML,
find the context node and evaluate the given XPath expression. My question
is what is the difference between these two samples.

If I'm writing a program that evaluates a given XPath expression for a given
XML document, which of the two programs should I use as reference.

thanks,
Tahura

Re: SimpleXPathAPI and XPathWrapper

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.
> The two sample programs, SimpleXPathAPI and XPathWrapper,
> both read XML, find the context node and evaluate the given
> XPath expression. My question is what is the difference between
> these two samples.

XPathWrapper is a very old sample that uses internal interfaces.

> If I'm writing a program that evaluates a given XPath
> expression for a given XML document, which of the two
> programs should I use as reference.

Use SimpleXPathAPI, because it uses the newer, public interfaces.

Dave