Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matthias Bauer <ma...@livinglogic.de> on 2003/12/15 14:57:13 UTC

Re: [Struts Workflow Extension] Any volunteers for furtherdevelopment and maintenance?

Martin and others who have replied to me off-list:

The Struts Workflow Extension relies on the same ideas of open source
than the Struts framework does: I had to deal with workflow issues in
several web applications I developed with Struts about two and a half
years ago. I noticed that workflow control is needed in almost any web
application and thus started to develop this extension that focuses on
solving these issues in a generic and reusable way. I released it as
open source because of two reasons: The first one is that I (as being a
consumer of the open source framework Struts) wanted to give something
back to the community. That's only fair. The second reason to share a
piece of software is the hope that other people use it, test it and help
improve it. My company is going on using this software, but there is
nobody here who feels like being the maintainer of this package, puting
in time answering questions on this list or privately, doing bugfixes or
implementing features that are not directly necessary for one of the
projects implemented here.

I am not asking someone to raise his hand and say: "Ok. I am a really
good guy, so I will put in a lot of time to maintain a software package
that is of no use to me."  I am addressing the people that contacted me
during the last months/years, asking questions about the Struts Workflow
Extension, reported bugs, donated code and gave all kinds of other
precious feedback. These people are using this extension and might be
interested in maintaining it in the future. All I am asking is: Is one
of these guys willing to be the maintainer of the package, no matter if
(like up to now) as an extension or a part of the Struts code base (like
Tiles)?

All the others: Please stop bugging me with: "How much will I get paid
for?", "What are the conditions?", ... Hey this is open source software.
The same as Struts.

--- Matthias

Posted by Matthias Bauer <ma...@livinglogic.de>.
Markus,

you are certainly very welcome to ask questions.

--- Matthias

Posted by Markus <ma...@gmx.com>.
Hello Martin,