Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephen Duncan Jr <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/04 17:01:47 UTC

maven-jar-plugin version 2.3 MANIFEST.MF SNAPSHOT problem

I see that http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-28 was "fixed" in the 2.3
release.  From my perspective, this seems to have broken things, including a
viable working system I had using 2.2.

In 2.3 I have several SNAPSHOT dependencies, but when I build a jar with
addClasspath, only one of those is getting a timestamp version, the rest
still say -SNAPSHOT.  In 2.2 all would say -SNAPSHOT.  By adding:

            <outputFileNameMapping>

${artifact.artifactId}-${artifact.baseVersion}.${artifact.extension}
            </outputFileNameMapping>

to my dependency-set config for the assembly plugin, the assembly plugin
would also always use -SNAPSHOT.

In 2.3 the versions in the MANIFEST still do not match up to the assembly
(after removing the outputFileNameMapping), as in that case all the versions
in the assembly are timestamped, but many are not in the manifest.

Should I reopen MJAR-28?

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

Re: maven-jar-plugin version 2.3 MANIFEST.MF SNAPSHOT problem

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Stephen Duncan Jr wrote:
> I see that http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-28 was "fixed" in the 2.3
> release.  From my perspective, this seems to have broken things, including a
> viable working system I had using 2.2.
>
> In 2.3 I have several SNAPSHOT dependencies, but when I build a jar with
> addClasspath, only one of those is getting a timestamp version, the rest
> still say -SNAPSHOT.  In 2.2 all would say -SNAPSHOT.  By adding:
>
>             <outputFileNameMapping>
>
> ${artifact.artifactId}-${artifact.baseVersion}.${artifact.extension}
>             </outputFileNameMapping>
>
> to my dependency-set config for the assembly plugin, the assembly plugin
> would also always use -SNAPSHOT.
>
> In 2.3 the versions in the MANIFEST still do not match up to the assembly
> (after removing the outputFileNameMapping), as in that case all the versions
> in the assembly are timestamped, but many are not in the manifest.
>
> Should I reopen MJAR-28?

Hi Stephen,

Please create a new issue if you are still having problems. We can add a
link to the old issue later, but I prefer not to reopen issues when the
version they were "fixed" in have been released. It messes up the
changes reports.

Also, please attach a sample project that we can use to reproduce the issue.

--
Dennis Lundberg