Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by "Balasubramanyam, Shivakumar" <sb...@qualcomm.com> on 2008/10/09 10:30:07 UTC

RMI adaptor

Hi,

Is it possible to have a interoperable between Java RMI and C++ SCA client? Even a subset of the spec would work.

Has anyone worked on this or have any sufficient documentation?

Thanks,
Shiva

Re: RMI adaptor

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Balasubramanyam, Shivakumar <
sbalasub@qualcomm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a interoperable between Java RMI and C++ SCA client?
> Even a subset of the spec would work.
>
> Has anyone worked on this or have any sufficient documentation?
>
> Thanks,
> Shiva
>

> Hi Shiva

I don't believe anyone has considered this to date but I think that there
are C++ RMI type implementations so you are at least in with a chance of
building a new binding, using the native SCA runtimes extensibility points,
to allow a component in the native runtime talk rmi to a component exposed
with binding.rmi in the java runtime.

Simon