Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by David Harrigan <dh...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/05 14:29:18 UTC

Ivy Channel on Freenode

Hello,

I would like to propose that an #ivy channel is created on Freenode.
There exists a #maven channel and an #ant channel (although it appears
to be empty).

The #ivy channel would operate to help fellow ivy users to use ivy, do
any problem solving or if committers want to join in, it could be a
place for some discussion.

It is not meant to replace the mailing list. For example, I particpate
in the #mercurial channel on Freenode, but also on the dev and user
mailing lists which are quite active (other mercurial developers are
active in both - I'm not a mercurial developer, but I help out when I
can).

Here is some info on Freenode about group registration:

http://freenode.net/group_registration.shtml

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

-=david=-

--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: B20A22F9
Fingerprint: 110A F423 3647 54E2 880F ADAD 1C52 85BF B20A 22F9