Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark Kerzner <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/05 06:39:15 UTC

copying binary files to a SequenceFile

Hi all,

I am copying regular binary files to a SequenceFile, and I am using
BytesWritable, to which I am giving all the byte[] content of the file.
However, once it hits a file larger than my computer memory, it may have
problems. Is there a better way?

Thank you,
Mark

Re: copying binary files to a SequenceFile

Posted by Rasit OZDAS <ra...@gmail.com>.
Mark,
http://stuartsierra.com/2008/04/24/a-million-little-files/comment-page-1

In this link, there is a tool to create sequence files from tar.gz and
tar.bz2 files.
I don't think that this is a real solution, but at least it means more
free memory and delay of problems (worst solution).

Rasit

--
M. Raşit ÖZDAŞ