Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tom Goode <tg...@cardedgraphics.com> on 2003/11/15 18:10:25 UTC

[users@httpd] I cannot get apahce and php to work

I have had an Apache 1.3.20 server installed on a Linux 7.2 machine for
some time. I use a php application for our webmail. I tried to install
2.0.48 (Apache) for security fixes. The daemon seems to be working fine.
The problem is that when I navigate to the directory with the index.php
file it shows the directory contents and does not do whatever php is
supposed to do (my knowledge here is obviously limited). My php version
is 4.3.4 and the php4 shared module is loaded in my httpd.conf file.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Goode

Carded Graphics, Inc.

2 Industry Way

Staunton, VA 24401

540-248-5566

Fax 540-248-3716

Mobile 540-649-3804

Re: [users@httpd] I cannot get apahce and php to work

Posted by Bryan Cassidy <b_...@bellsouth.net>.

Re: [users@httpd] I cannot get apahce and php to work

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Tom Goode wrote:
> Yes, both of these lines are in my conf file. It is as though Apache
> does not know what to do when it encounters this type file.

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html etc...

?

Regards,
Robert Andersson

RE: [users@httpd] I cannot get apahce and php to work

Posted by Tom Goode <tg...@cardedgraphics.com>.
Thanks for the help,

Yes, both of these lines are in my conf file. It is as though Apache
does not know what to do when it encounters this type file. I
unfortunately have little knowledge in this area.

Tom Goode
Carded Graphics, Inc.
2 Industry Way
Staunton, VA 24401
540-248-5566
Fax 540-248-3716
Mobile 540-649-3804

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 12:10:25PM -0500, Tom Goode wrote:
> I have had an Apache 1.3.20 server installed on a Linux 7.2 machine
for
> some time. I use a php application for our webmail. I tried to install
> 2.0.48 (Apache) for security fixes. The daemon seems to be working
fine.
> The problem is that when I navigate to the directory with the
index.php
> file it shows the directory contents and does not do whatever php is
> supposed to do (my knowledge here is obviously limited). My php
version
> is 4.3.4 and the php4 shared module is loaded in my httpd.conf file.
Do you have these lines in your httpd.conf file:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

?
--
Jez Hancock