Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com> on 2012/12/04 04:59:50 UTC

Re: Solr Query Parameter : ids - What is this used for?

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 10:55 PM, deniz <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, as it is clear in the title too, i wanna know for what solr uses this
> parameter... i see it on a sharding env on cloud, so i guess it is related
> with cloud but still there is no explanation about it in any of wiki pages
> that i have checked... can someone explain the usage and aim of this
> parameter?

It's an internal implementation detail of distributed search - the
second phase selects specific ids on each shard via the "ids"
parameter.

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com

Re: Solr Query Parameter : ids - What is this used for?

Posted by deniz <de...@gmail.com>.
Yonik Seeley-4 wrote
> It's an internal implementation detail of distributed search - the
> second phase selects specific ids on each shard via the "ids"
> parameter.
>
> -Yonik
> http://lucidworks.com

so i suppose it us unique field? or it depends on which field we are using
for querying on shards?

-----
Zeki ama calismiyor... Calissa yapar...