Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by aa...@yahoo.com on 2003/11/13 17:50:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Error 500 "[error] [client 127.0.0.1] couldn't spawn child process"

Hi all,

 I have been using Apache on my Win98 machine to test
out CGI perl scripts and it's been working fine. But
just a few days ago it stopped working. It gives me
Error 500, with the following

"[error] [client 127.0.0.1] couldn't spawn child
process"

in the error log.

I've looked this error up in google, I know it means
that Apache could have encountered any number of
problems to stop it from loading the script.

I tried changing the shebang path, although it was
working just fine before.

I tried completely uninstalling Perl 5, as well as
Apache, restarting the computer, reinstalling Perl 5,
and Apache in that order, nothing changed. It will not
execute the Perl scripts. I'm confounded. I had a
terrible time trying to use PWS to test CGI scripts.
It, like Apache, worked just fine, for a couple days,
then it started trying to download scripts instead of
execute them, with apprently no way to hope to fix it
without reinstalling windows.

Does Apache just not get along with Win98? I don't
mind running it in a console window. I just want to be
able to test my CGI scripts! Could there have been
(and there must have been) some configuration of some
type that would have changed and now prevents Apache
from running scripts?  I searched everywhere and found
nothing!, ... google, apache.org, FAQ.. nothing.

     Aaron S.

[users@httpd] apache2.0.48 error when running

Posted by CJ <un...@yahoo.com>.
I compiled this on AIX 5.1.5 and it compiled fine. I
just went to run the server and got the following
error :

./apachectl start
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program
/opt/freeware/apach2/bin/httpd because of the
following errors:
        0509-022 Cannot load module
/opt/freeware/apach2/lib/libaprutil-0.so.
        0509-150   Dependent module
/usr/local/lib/libdb.a(libdb-3.3.so.0) could not be
loaded.
        0509-152   Member libdb-3.3.so.0 is not found
in archive

So I checked my system and found this:
ls -al /usr/local/lib/libdb.a
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     system            9 Oct 01
08:47 /usr/local/lib/libdb.a -> libdb-3.a

I did a search on the apache.org siteand it turned up
nothing.

What am I missing and how do I get it?

=====
Blessed are the pessimists, for they make backups!
Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
10101010011100101001001000011010000001000100101010101010
0011001010100010110010101000010001010000

Re: [users@httpd] Error 500 "[error] [client 127.0.0.1] couldn't spawn child process"

Posted by aa...@yahoo.com.
Well, like I said, it was working fine before. And I
haven't installed anything. I tried closing programs,
but that didn't change anything. I know, I was
forewarned about running Apache on Win98, but I seem
to be out of options. Unless I want to test scripts
online, which seems might be my only choice left. The
correct lib's should all be there, as I said, it was
working just fine only halve a week ago. And I was
testing out my scripts, very happily! LoL,.. too bad
that had to change.

--- Mark Clarkstone <ma...@ntlworld.com>