Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/15 17:54:29 UTC

wget during build

I'm trying to build rel/nifi-1.14.0 on a private, non-Internet connected
network. The nifi-registry portion is failing.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
com.googlecode.maven-download-plugin:download-maven-plugin:1.2.1:wget
(download-swagger-ui) on project nifi-registry-web-api: IO Error: Error
while
expalnding ~/nifi/nifi-registry/nifi-registry-core/nifi-registry-web-api/target/v3.12.0.tar.gz:
Not in GZIP format
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.5:npm (npm-install) on project
nifi-registry-web-ui: Failed to run task: 'npm --silent ci' failed.
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1
(Exit value: 1)

The two errors may be related (?) Either way, it appears to me that the
build is attempting to use wget to reach out to an Internet location to
download the v3.12.0.tar.gz.

Can someone confirm that is the problem? Is there a way around this? Can
this file be provided from a reachable/local source location?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: wget during build

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.
Solved:

The guilty party requiring the node-{version}-headers.tar.gz was node-gyp.
In order to provide an alternate location (other than nodejs.org) to
download, the following environment variable was set:

NODEJS_ORG_MIRROR="{local location of node distributions}"

Thanks,
Mark

Re: wget during build

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: wget during build

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: wget during build

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
Mark,

Re: wget during build

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: wget during build

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@gmail.com>.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFIREG-456 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFIREG-456>

Re: wget during build

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@gmail.com>.

Re: wget during build

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: wget during build

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@gmail.com>.

Re: wget during build

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: wget during build

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

I’m not sure the two errors are related, but for the first one you can pass -Pno-swagger-ui to mvn when building:

See: https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/main/nifi-registry/nifi-registry-core/nifi-registry-web-api/pom.xml#L136 <https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/main/nifi-registry/nifi-registry-core/nifi-registry-web-api/pom.xml#L136>

Re: wget during build

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
I've pinged someone who might have more insight but in the meantime
googling on that error yields some interesting commentary.  Might help
you.

Thanks