Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com> on 2017/04/05 15:22:49 UTC

[FlexJS] Merge feature/chart-work into develop

Hi,

I would like to merge the feature/chart-work into the develop branch in about 5 hours from now which would make it 4:30pm EDT (9:30pm UTC, I think). Does anyone have a strong objection to that?

To recap:
The thrust of this feature branch was to get Charts working, but that lead to re-examinging the class structures of the containers. I cleaned this up and kept the HTML/JS side output to a minimum. I have also improved the SWF-side layouts to more closely mimic CSS Flexbox.

It looks like most, if not all, of MDLExample is working. DataBindingExample, DataGridExample, ChartExample are working. I will go back and try the Tour and several others as well.

Regards,
Peter

Re: [FlexJS] Merge feature/chart-work into develop

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

If you stack with something let me know I will look into that.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Merge feature/chart-work into develop

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
I fixed the missing piece for the text fields example. Still looking into
the tabs.
‹peter

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
I have decided not to merge today. I ran an example with DataGrid embedded
within a Container and sized to width="100%" and it did not respond
properly to the resize. I know what happened, just working on how to make
it work correctly.

‹peter

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Peter. I'm ok with merge then.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Merge feature/chart-work into develop

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
I just changed Menu to extend DataContainer and now that works fine, for
me, in MDLExample. Thank you for reminding me.

‹peter

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Harbs,

Have you had a look at the Integration Test project in FlexJS?

I doubt it would get much simpler:
- The Maven build automatically:
o Downloads, configures and starts a tomcat server
o Deploys all examples as web applications
o As soon as the server is up and the applications as running, runs the Selenium Tests
o Stops the Server after finishing

Just look at how simple these tests are. They are dead-simple Junit tests. I know they aren’t FlexUnit type tests, but they already do a good job for the examples I created tests for.

Chris

Am 05.04.17, 19:03 schrieb "Harbs" <ha...@gmail.com>:

    That would be great.

    We need better test coverage. If we could get easy test setup for FlexJS, that would be a huge win.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 4/5/17, 10:03 AM, "Harbs" <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>That would be great.
>
>We need better test coverage. If we could get easy test setup for FlexJS,
>that would be a huge win.

Not sure how you define "easy" but we've had mustella running on FlexJS
for quite a while now.  It allows you to write the tests in MXML instead
of Java.

-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] Merge feature/chart-work into develop

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
That would be great.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Peter,

If it improves things, I am fine with this merge. If it adds more areas that need fixing then I don’t.
As soon as things start to work again, I would start writing some simple Selenium Tests for these applications to ensure they are tested in the future.

Chris