Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/17 13:00:36 UTC

Phasing out Java 8 for MINA 2.2 and further

Hi !

Jonathan has started to implement a new version of SslFilter in the
2.2.0 branch, which is a good thing. However, this implementation
requires a newer version of Java, namely Java 9.

I suggest we switch to Java 11 for MINA 2.2+ while we keep Java 8 for
the MINA 2.0 and 2.1 branches which will soon enter in maintenance mode.

wdyt ?

Thanks !

--
*Emmanuel Lécharny - CTO* 205 Promenade des Anglais – 06200 NICE
T. +33 (0)4 89 97 36 50

Re: Phasing out Java 8 for MINA 2.2 and further

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
According to a comment on DIRMINA-1144 [1], Java 8 has longer support
than Java 11

So I would recommend staying with Java 8 for now.

Sebb
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-1144?focusedCommentId=17445305&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-17445305

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@gmail.com>.
+1