Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Tushar Agrawal <ag...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/22 14:54:39 UTC

Specify Multiple Zookeeper Hosts in Broker

Good Morning,

How do we specify multiple zookeeper host that in a cluster to Kafka Broker?

"zookeeper.connect" takes only one host string.

Thank you,
Tushar

Re: Specify Multiple Zookeeper Hosts in Broker

Posted by Rad Gruchalski <ra...@gruchalski.com>.
Hello Tushar,

From the documentation:

Zookeeper also allows you to add a "chroot" path which will make all kafka data for this cluster appear under a particular path. This is a way to setup multiple Kafka clusters or other applications on the same zookeeper cluster. To do this give a connection string in the form hostname1:port1,hostname2:port2,hostname3:port3/chroot/path which would put all this cluster's data under the path /chroot/path. Note that you must create this path yourself prior to starting the broker and consumers must use the same connection string.

So:

host1:2181,host2:2181,host3:2181/path-to-zk-location

Kind regards,

Radek Gruchalski

radek@gruchalski.com (mailto:radek@gruchalski.com)
 (mailto:radek@gruchalski.com)
de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski/ (http://de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski/)

Confidentiality:
This communication is intended for the above-named person and may be confidential and/or legally privileged.
If it has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender immediately.