Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com> on 2005/10/07 22:23:35 UTC

RE: OT: RE: Development philosophy and such (was: Base action class)

On Fri, October 7, 2005 4:10 pm, Dharmendra.Sharan@ubs.com said:
>     And you are absolutely right that there is no justification for using
> new technology just for the heck of it... (And there is a reason some
> of the banks still have those mainframes lying around!.) like they say
> "if it ain't broken, don't fix it!".

By day I work for one of those banks, and most of my work has been in
creating webapps that make use of "legacy" systems... did one where we had
a Unix partition on the mainframe and Apache running in it talking to
CICS.

Sometimes painful, sometimes fun, always interesting :)

>     Here's wishing you Happy Friday!,
>
>     Cheers!,
>
>     Dharmendra
> ps: have a super day!