Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Simeonidis, Steve" <St...@ap.spherion.com> on 2003/02/04 00:01:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache module question

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add a new module to apache so I can do NT Authentication.

RH 7.3
apache-1.3.23-14
apache-devel-1.3.23-14

I have downloaded a few different samba related modules but I haven't had
much success :-(

Can someone please guide me through that process?

What I've done:

module: mod_auth_samba
1/ apxs -c -lz mod_auth_samba.c
2/ copied mod_auth_samba.so to /etc/httpd/modules
3/ edited httpd.conf and added
LoadModule auth_samba_module   modules/mod_auth_samba.so

also added something like

    <Directory /var/www/html/test>
       AuthAuthoritative Off
       AuthSambaAuthoritative On
       AuthType Basic
       AuthName Company_Intranet
       AuthSambaEnabled On
       AuthSambaDomain GRP-AWD:aris
    </Directory>

When I try to start httpd, I get the following error
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 251 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_samba.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_samba.so: undefined symbol: Valid_User

I get the exact same error with all 3 different modules I have tried.

Can anyone help?????

Is that the right way to add a module to apache??

Thanks in advance

Steve Simeonidis

The information contained in this email and any attachments to it:

(a) may be confidential and if you are not the intended recipient, any interference with,
use, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited; and

(b) may contain personal information of the recipient and/or the sender as defined
under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Consent is hereby given by the recipient(s) to
collect, hold and use such information and any personal information contained in a
response to this email, for any reasonable purpose in the ordinary course of
Spherion's
business, including forwarding this email internally or disclosing it to a third party. All
personal information collected by Spherion will be handled in accordance with
Spherion's Privacy Policy. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender and delete it.

(c) you agree not to employ or arrange employment for any candidate(s) supplied in
this email and any attachments without first entering into a contractual agreement with
Spherion. You further agree not to divulge any information contained in this document
to any person(s) or entities without the express permission of Spherion.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache module question

Posted by Jeffrey Hellem <th...@phildowd.com>.
Apache module question-Snip-
Steve Simeonidis
The information contained in this email and any attachments to it:

(a) may be confidential and if you are not the intended recipient, any interference with, use, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited; and

Why the disclaimer? What is the point? Are we Authorized? if not then why you send to this list?

(b) may contain personal information of the recipient and/or the sender as defined
under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Consent is hereby given by the recipient(s) to
collect, hold and use such information and any personal information contained in a
response to this email, for any reasonable purpose in the ordinary course of
Spherion's
business, including forwarding this email internally or disclosing it to a third party. All
personal information collected by Spherion will be handled in accordance with
Spherion's Privacy Policy. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender and delete it.

You  sent it to the list which is going to be read by 100's of people if you want confidential help then find another means.

(c) you agree not to employ or arrange employment for any candidate(s) supplied in
this email and any attachments without first entering into a contractual agreement with
Spherion. You further agree not to divulge any information contained in this document
to any person(s) or entities without the express permission of Spherion.

Maybe I'll go go post this on every imaginable site i can find..

Disclaimers like this are stupid and un-needed remove them. they waste bandwidth.

RE: [users@httpd] Apache module question

Posted by Jeff Cohen <ap...@gej-it.com>.
You are also missing:
Required valid-user

All the best,
Jeff Cohen

Oh and to be kind now that I've said that.. i believe you are missing the

LoadModule mod_auth_samba.o
AddModule mod_auth_samba.c

Check to make sure they both exist in your httpd.conf

Posted by Jeffrey Hellem <th...@phildowd.com>.
Apache module questionOh and to be kind now that I've said that.. i believe you are missing the