Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2007/08/03 10:48:44 UTC

[users@httpd] mass bug-closing?

Hello,

two of my bugs (39910 and 25469) were closed a fre hours ago as WONTFIX.
They were filled against 1.3, but they are applicable for 2.0 and 2.2 too
(afaik).

Was there any mass closing for 1.3 bugs, or should I take it personally?

"To Boot or not to Boot, that's the question." [WD1270 Caviar]

Re: [users@httpd] mass bug-closing?

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 10:48:44 +0200
Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> two of my bugs (39910 and 25469) were closed a fre hours ago as
> WONTFIX. They were filled against 1.3, but they are applicable for
> 2.0 and 2.2 too (afaik).
>
> Was there any mass closing for 1.3 bugs, or should I take it
> personally?

Jim closed about 200 1.3 bugs yesterday.  At a very brief glance,
they appear to range from clueless gibberish through questionable
to legitimate-but-won't-fix-because-1.3-is-obsolete and long-since-
fixed.  So nothing personal.

If your bugs are legitimate and affect 2.2, perhaps now would
be a good time to raise the matter again.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/

Re: [users@httpd] RE : [users@httpd] mass bug-closing?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/3/07, Laurent FAILLIE <l_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The same for me.
> And it was 2 very simple compilation problem under
> HP-UX that can be solve in 5 minutes :-((
>
> Is 1.3 fasing out ?

Yes, almost all development effort is targeted at 2.2 and up. 1.3 only
gets the most critical fixes. There is no formal effort to stop 1.3
development (as with php 4, for example), but there are simply no
developers interested in advancing it when a much better platform is
available.

As Nick mentioned, if your 1.3 bug still exists in 2.2, feel free to refile it.

Joshua.

[users@httpd] RE : [users@httpd] mass bug-closing?

Posted by Laurent FAILLIE <l_...@yahoo.com>.
The same for me.

--- Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> a écrit
:

> Hello,
>
> two of my bugs (39910 and 25469) were closed a fre
> hours ago as WONTFIX.
> They were filled against 1.3, but they are
> applicable for 2.0 and 2.2 too
> (afaik).
>
> Was there any mass closing for 1.3 bugs, or should I
> take it personally?
>
> --
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ;
> http://www.fantomas.sk/
> Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to
> this address.
> Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek
> reklamnu postu.
> "To Boot or not to Boot, that's the question."
> [WD1270 Caviar]

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@httpd.apache.org

The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.