Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2006/03/24 21:46:47 UTC

AB like HTTP benchmark tool based on HttpClient

Folks,

I back-ported the HTTP benchmarking tool from HttpComponents to Commons
HttpClient. The tool implements a subset of the AB (Apache Benchmark)
interface [1].

I intend to be using this tool to compare performance of HttpCore (4.x
API) to that of HttpClient (3.x API). It is going to be quite
intriguing.

Check it out [2]

Oleg

[1]http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/ab.html
[2]http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/trunk/src/contrib/org/apache/commons/httpclient/contrib/benchmark/

Re: AB like HTTP benchmark tool based on HttpClient

Posted by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net>.
Hi Oleg,

> I back-ported the HTTP benchmarking tool from HttpComponents to Commons
> HttpClient. The tool implements a subset of the AB (Apache Benchmark)
> interface [1].

Great!

> I intend to be using this tool to compare performance of HttpCore (4.x
> API) to that of HttpClient (3.x API). It is going to be quite
> intriguing.

Definitely. I can hardly wait to see the first results.

> Check it out [2]

Won't have the time for a while. Too bad. Eventually, I'll have to
implement a benchmark for http-async, too. Sometime next year :-)

cheers,
  Roland