Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "David, Patrick" <Pa...@EAGLESTARSSIL.IE> on 2003/02/12 19:46:08 UTC

How to write a link?

Hi

I've developed an application using apache server release 1.3.26, mod_perl
1.27_01-dev and HTML-Embperl release 1.3.4. My application connects to an
Oracle 8i database.

To go from one page to another page I use the <A> tag. I would like to know
if there is a better way to write HTML links with Embperl.

Below you will see how I've written all my links. Is there another way to
write links, better than the one I use?

<A href="http://esorclupg/embperl/dba_database.epl?user_name=[+
$fdat{user_name} +]&password=[+ $fdat{password} +]&admin_cnx=[+
$fdat{admin_cnx} +]">[+ $elem +]</A>

My application works fine, it's just that I don' like this way to write
links that's all.

Hope that someone will be able to help me.

Thanks and Regards

Patrick David

Oracle Database Administrator
Shared Computer Center
Eagle Star Life Ireland
+353 1 283 1301
direct line: 2047

Visit our website at : http://www.eaglestarlife.ie/

the system manager.

Re: How to write a link?

Posted by "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro" <lu...@engenhosolucoes.com.br>.
Hi,

Put a ref to the %fdat hash in the link, example:

[-
$args = \%fdat;
-]
<A href="http://esorclupg/embperl/dba_database.epl?[+ $args +]">link</a>

Embperl will build all the key=value pairs for you.

I don't know why but inserting directly the \%fdat ref in the link never
worked for me but the above example works fine.

Regards,

Luiz Fernando