Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com> on 2000/09/26 00:28:10 UTC

Copydir question - empty directories...

Maybe this was covered and I missed it, but...

I recall that zip and jar were fixed so that they
didn't skip empty directories. Well, the same problem
exists in copydir - it skips empty directories.

For some situations, that may not be an issue.
But when you are preparing a directory tree for
a product distribution, and there are empty directories
in the tree that must be preserved, this problem
hurts.

Example- you have a log directory for you app
to dump log files. Initially it is empty.
The distribution package should create the empty
directory. Well, we have that empty directory in
our source controlled model tree, but when I copydir
to create the distribution, all the empty dirs
are gone.

Has anyone already addressed this before I start
looking at zip and jar and trying to figure out
what to do to fix it in copydir????

Re: Copydir question - empty directories...

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 KW> Well, the same problem exists in copydir - it skips empty
 KW> directories.

Glenn's been rewriting these tasks (and rumors are he's finally gotten
his CVS access 8^). I don't actually know if the new copy task cares
for empty directories, but if it doesn't we should modify this instead
of the old tasks that are going to be deprecated.

Stefan