Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ChicagoBob123 <bo...@bobfx.com> on 2010/09/10 18:39:57 UTC

ActiveMQ http how do you protect the admin site?

I can delete the other sites such as demo,fileserver and camel but how do you
limit access to admin using the jetty server? Or change the port so it can
only be accessed by as an internal website?

One other question is  ActiveMQ can work on port 80 as long as there isnt
another server on port 80 correct? Will it work in conjunction with Apache
on port 80? Is there some configuration to do that?

Re: ActiveMQ http how do you protect the admin site?

Posted by Stan Lewis <sl...@fusesource.com>.
Here, Dejan has a good blog post about securing the web console:

http://www.nighttale.net/activemq/securing-activemq-531-console.html

You could set up a reverse HTTP proxy in Apache to forward requests to
ActiveMQ, it'd have to be listening on a different port if you're
running the broker on the same machine as Apache.  There's loads of
information on there on how to set up a reverse proxy for Apache, this
one looks fairly in-depth -
http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies also probably worth
having a look at the documentation for mod_proxy.