Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paula Díaz Redondo <Pa...@uab.cat> on 2010/06/30 12:57:43 UTC

I'm not able to access to Tomcat Manager

Dear sr./madame

I'have recently installed the apache-tomcat-6.0.26.exe (in a Windows XP), I made the changes to insert the administrator in the "tomcat-users.xml", now this documents is like follows:

<tomcat-users>
<role rolename="manager"/>
<user username="tomcat"  password="TomcatAdm" roles="manager"/>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
  <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
-->
</tomcat-users>

The next step i'm trying to do it to access to the "Tomcat Manager", but when I insert as username "tomcat" and password "TomcatAdm" it doesn't allow me the acces, what should I write?. Finaly, before trying it several times, my acces was turned down:

type Informe de estado

mensaje El acceso al recurso pedido ha sido denegado

descripción El acceso al recurso especificado (El acceso al recurso pedido ha sido denegado) ha sido prohibido.

I hope it could be solved, and i could access

Than you for your attention,

Paula Díaz

Grup de Mètodes i Aplicacions en Teledetecció i SIG
Departament de Geografia
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
08193 - Cerdanyola del Vallès
(Barcelona) Spain

Tel: 0034 93 581 43 43
paula.diaz@uab.es

Re: I'm not able to access to Tomcat Manager

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 30/06/2010 11:57, Paula Díaz Redondo wrote:

> Dear sr./madame
>
> I'have recently installed the apache-tomcat-6.0.26.exe (in a Windows XP), I made the changes to insert the administrator in the "tomcat-users.xml", now this documents is like follows:
>
> <tomcat-users>
> <role rolename="manager"/>
> <user username="tomcat"  password="TomcatAdm" roles="manager"/>
>   <role rolename="tomcat"/>
>   <role rolename="role1"/>
>   <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
>   <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
>   <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
> -->

The line above is an indication that you haven't remove the XML comment
markers from the file - so Tomcat isn't seeing the contents.

Posted by Paweł Zuzelski <z...@xatka.net>.
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, Paula Díaz Redondo wrote:
> Dear sr./madame
>
> I'have recently installed the apache-tomcat-6.0.26.exe (in a Windows XP), I made the changes to insert the administrator in the "tomcat-users.xml", now this documents is like follows:
>
> <tomcat-users>
> <role rolename="manager"/>
> <user username="tomcat"  password="TomcatAdm" roles="manager"/>
>   <role rolename="tomcat"/>
>   <role rolename="role1"/>
>   <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
>   <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
>   <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
> -->
> </tomcat-users>
>

> The next step i'm trying to do it to access to the "Tomcat Manager", but when I insert as username "tomcat" and password "TomcatAdm" it doesn't allow me the acces, what should I write?.

It seems that you have not removed XML comments from
tomcat-users.xml file :) It's good to use editor that highlight xml
markup, it helps to avoid such mistakes.

Hint: '-->' closes comment.

Paweł Zuzelski