Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Greg Silverman <gm...@umn.edu> on 2019/09/29 02:04:09 UTC

disambiguated feature for UMLSConcept

This harks back to a question. I asked a few months about disambiguation.

Is this enabled by default for the UMLSConcept annotation type (I've
noticed the value is always "false," so I would guess not). If not, how
does this get enabled?

Thanks!

Greg--

--
Greg M. Silverman
Senior Systems Developer

 ›  evaluate-it.org  ‹

Re: disambiguated feature for UMLSConcept [EXTERNAL]

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Greg,

Right now that is just a placeholder.  There is not an annotator in ctakes to perform wsd (and toggle that value).  I know that at least one ctakes contributor has worked on it, but so far nothing has been complete enough to make it into ctakes.

Does anybody out there have a ready-to-go wsd engine that works with ctakes and can be contributed?

Sean

This harks back to a question. I asked a few months about disambiguation.

Is this enabled by default for the UMLSConcept annotation type (I've
noticed the value is always "false," so I would guess not). If not, how
does this get enabled?

Thanks!

Greg--

--
Greg M. Silverman
Senior Systems Developer
NLP/IE <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__healthinformatics.umn.edu_research_nlpie-2Dgroup&d=DwIFaQ&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=fs67GvlGZstTpyIisCYNYmQCP6r0bcpKGd4f7d4gTao&m=73zTnIEpx064oYTgO3BlzxNUD060DDa925gWQSCNHe8&s=6pjeX9D6GdJZfT1Hi14vzf2rlZH6Oe2eba9UBchBjUQ&e= >
Department of Surgery
University of Minnesota
gms@umn.edu

 ›  evaluate-it.org  ‹