Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Sachdeva, Shipra" <sa...@msx.umsl.edu> on 2002/09/05 22:06:01 UTC

Keep-with-previous?

hi!
I am trying to create a Phone book and have to put my data in 3 columns on a page for which i set 'column-count="3"'.i want the output in the following format

xyz,abc............7879
address line 1
address line 2
city,st zip
email

xyz2.....abc2....9876
address line 1
address line 2
city,st zip
email
.
.
.
.
.

so on

i tried to use keep-with-previous property after putting my data in table rows,thus applying the keep-with-previous to table row.but it doesnt seem to work,or it is just working for the 1st column on the first page.what so i do?

Thanks
Shipra.

Re: Keep-with-previous?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Sachdeva, Shipra wrote:
> i tried to use keep-with-previous property after putting my data in table rows,thus applying the keep-with-previous to table row.but it doesnt seem to work,or it is just working for the 1st column on the first page.what so i do?

If you put a keep-with-previous on every row, and the whole
table wont fi on a new page, keeps are disabled. If you have
an idea how large rows get, omit the keep-with-previous now
and then to avoid this situation. If the row height varies
wildly, well then you're hosed.

J.Pietschmann