Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2009/02/22 15:56:17 UTC

RE: IIS6, Tomcat 6.0, ISAPI redirector 1.2.27 - no log on one server

Rick
To redirect requests to a program1.
In IIS Manager, expand the local computer, right-click the Web site or directory you want to redirect, and click Properties.
2.
Click the Home Directory, Virtual Directory, or Directory tab.
3.
Under The content for this source should come from, click A redirection to a URL.
In
the Redirect to box, type the URL of the program, including any
redirect variables needed to pass parameters to the program. For
example, to redirect all requests for scripts in a Scripts directory to
a logging program that records the requested URL and any parameters
passed with the URL, type /Scripts/Logger.exe?URL=$V+PARAMS=$P. $V and $P are redirect variables.
4.
Select the The exact URL entered above check box to prevent the Web server from appending the original file name to the destination URL.

where $P=If the request contains parameters such as
		http://www.oldsite.com/cart.asp?id=Blue , then $P would represent
		all the values after the question mark in the URL, example $P would
		equal id=Blue (no question mark).

where $V=If the request is for http://www.oldsite.com/shopping/cart.asp
		then $V would contain everything after the server name, eg:
		/shopping/cart.asp.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/6b855a7a-0884-4508-ba95-079f38c77017.mspx?mfr=true

http://www.mcanerin.com/EN/articles/301-redirect-IIS.asp

please feel free to Ping me offline as this is O/T for this list

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

> Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:35:12 -0800
> From: rclarkin@yahoo.com
> Subject: IIS6, Tomcat 6.0, ISAPI redirector 1.2.27 - no log on one server
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>
> I've searched all over the web and on the list to try and find an
> answer to my question. We have a similar installation for a DEV, TEST,
> STAGE and PROD environments, namely:
>
> Windows 2003
> Tomcat 6.0 (I don't remember the full version, but it isn't critical to
> this post)
> isapi_redirect.dll version 1.2.27
> IIS6
>
> I've set the system up on all of our boxes -- same configuration, and
> it runs on all of them but one production server. On that machine, the
> redirector shows in IIS with the green up arrow but no matter what I do
> I cannot get any kind of log out of the redirector. IIS is not routing
> any traffic to the redirector as far as I can tell from the IIS log.
>
> I really could use some ideas on what to try at this point to
> troubleshoot this problem. I've played around with permissions, changed
> configuration settings (tried them in the registry as well as in the
> properties file), etc. The exact same configuration is working on 5
> other servers, so I know that the combination is good. I now that I am
> missing something, probably simple, but I'm at my wits end.
>
> Any advice on what to try to get a log out of the redirector would be
> very welcome, as I've exhausted my ability to research it. Thank you!

Windows Live™ Hotmail®…more than just e-mail.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_howitworks_022009