Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jim Donnellan <jd...@highergear.com> on 2007/02/02 00:07:11 UTC

Jmeter 2.2 only running first sampler in thread group

Hey folks,

I've got a weird situation wherein if I have two HTTP samplers in the
same thread group, they both are loaded, but only the first one is run.
I say this because

1) The jmeter logs (set to DEBUG) show the second sampler being pulled
into the test plan and parsed with no errors
2) When it comes time to run the test plan, the logs show it running the
first sampler, but the second sampler is quietly ignored, and the test
runs through without complaint.
3) The webserver logs show only the first hit
4) If I reverse the order, it still only runs whichever one is first

This is probably something corny I'm missing. But I've tried
checking/unchecking pretty much everything to no avail. Even putting
them under separate Simple Logic Controllers has no effect; if they're
in the same thread group, only one is running.

This is 2.2 on fully updated Fedora Core 6. Sorry if this is a corny
issue, I checked the mail archives back a year and the open bugzilla
bugs. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Jmeter 2.2 only running first sampler in thread group

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 01/02/07, Jim Donnellan <jd...@highergear.com> wrote:
> I'll get the most important one out the way while I play around with the
> others. Let me know if this is a bad answer.
>
> > And most important - what version of Java are you using?
> java version "1.5.0_04"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_04-b05)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_04-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

That should be OK - I assume that is a Sun JVM?

There have been problems with other JVMs (but these would probably be
accompanied by error messages in the log). Also versions of Java below
1.4 aren't supported.

Re: Jmeter 2.2 only running first sampler in thread group

Posted by Jim Donnellan <jd...@highergear.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Seems a very odd occurrence.  If this was a general problem I'm sure
there would be lots more complaints ...

Are there any other elements in the test plan?

What happens if you try two different samplers (e.g. Java Request) -
do you get the same effect?

Does it happen with both types of HTTP Sampler?