Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2007/02/20 03:09:52 UTC

[RTC] Release prep: project wide parent pom and buildtools

In prep for release, I plan to update the project-wide parent pom to
reflect project-wide settings. Attached is the delta I plan to make
compared to M2 but in brief the changes are:

* change the version to 2-incubating
* remove the semi-official repo on the WS zone (if still needed the
axis module can define this)
* add in the official incubator repo for plugins and artifacts
* remove the global SCM definition as each release bundle should
define its own
* added some informational comments

Given the project-wide impact I'd like review before committing,
especially from the SDO and DAS modules.
Naturally, here's my +1

Thanks
--
Jeremy

Re: [RTC] Release prep: project wide parent pom and buildtools

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification

+1

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On Feb 19, 2007, at 9:15 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:

> I have updated the patch and tried building DAS against it and
> seemed ok.
> One small question, around the versions :
>
> -    <version>1-incubator</version>
> +    <version>2-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
>

> We are changing from incubator to incubating ?

A while ago the incubator "standardized" on incubating. This happened
in the middle of our M2 so to avoid confusing users I didn't change
the name in that one but for the next I was migrating to the new form.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Feb 19, 2007, at 6:09 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> In prep for release, I plan to update the project-wide parent pom
> to reflect project-wide settings. Attached is the delta I plan to
> make compared to M2 but in brief the changes are:
>
> * change the version to 2-incubating
> * remove the semi-official repo on the WS zone (if still needed the
> axis module can define this)
> * add in the official incubator repo for plugins and artifacts
> * remove the global SCM definition as each release bundle should
> define its own
> * added some informational comments
>
> Given the project-wide impact I'd like review before committing,
> especially from the SDO and DAS modules.
> Naturally, here's my +1

+1

Jim

Re: [RTC] Release prep: project wide parent pom and buildtools

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Thanks to everyone who responded. I'll apply this later today.
--
Jeremy

Posted by Ignacio Silva-Lepe <is...@gmail.com>.
+1, thanks Jeremy.