Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Tim Oliver <ti...@mediasuite.co.nz> on 2023/01/26 21:23:14 UTC

Installation issue using install-tika-service.sh - service script exits with error code

Hi all - I've been trying out the service package with
install_tika_service.sh on debian using tika-server-standard-2.6.0-bin.zip

On service start I end up with the app running fine and accessible but:

systemd[1]: tika.service: Control process exited, code=exited,
status=1/FAILURE
systemd[1]: tika.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

my debugging got as far as finding that the bin/tika script ends with exit
1 after the start_tika line - is there a reason for that? (Not particularly
familiar with systemd yet)

thanks,

--
Tim Oliver