Posted to user@spark.apache.org by HILEM Youcef <yo...@laposte.fr> on 2016/01/02 17:14:21 UTC

feedback on the use of Spark’s gateway hidden REST API (standalone cluster mode) for application submission

Happy new year.

I solicit community feedback on the use of Spark’s gateway hidden REST API (standalone cluster mode) for application submission.

We already use status checking and cancellation in our ansible scripts.

I also opened a ticket to make this API public (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-12528).

Thank you in advance.
Youcef.

Post-scriptum La Poste

Ce message est confidentiel. Sous reserve de tout accord conclu par
ecrit entre vous et La Poste, son contenu ne represente en aucun cas un
engagement de la part de La Poste. Toute publication, utilisation ou
diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee prealablement. Si vous
n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci d'en avertir immediatement l'expediteur.

Re: feedback on the use of Spark’s gateway hidden REST API (standalone cluster mode) for application submission

Posted by Jim Lohse <sp...@megalearningllc.com>.
There is a lot of interesting info about this API here:

I got that from a comment thread on the last link in your PR. Thanks for
bringing this up! I knew you could check status via REST per
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/monitoring.html#rest-api but the
"REST" of the story was off my radar screen, pardon the pun :)

Jim