Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU> on 1996/10/10 13:54:00 UTC

Re: a couple of warnings on Solaris 2.5

> cc -c -O -DSOLARIS2 -DSTATUS -Dconnect=Rconnect -Dselect=Rselect -Dgethostbyna
> me=Rgethostbyname   http_config.c
> "http_config.c", line 604: warning: \a is ANSI C "alert" character

That is due to http_config.h having

#define DECLINE_CMD "\a\b"

I'd think that changing this to

#define DECLINE_CMD "*"

would be just as effective (it needs to be something that isn't an error
message, and anyone who uses "*" as an error message will be shot).

> cc -c   -O -DSOLARIS2 -DSTATUS -Dconnect=Rconnect -Dselect=Rselect -Dgethostbyna
> me=Rgethostbyname   mod_include.c
> "mod_include.c", line 1060: warning: end-of-loop code not reached
> "mod_include.c", line 1165: warning: end-of-loop code not reached

UGH! That code is *ugly* (running indent on it would not help much).
Someone less sensitive will have to decide whether or not those while
loops really should be if statements.  I think I'll go wash my hands now ...

.....Roy