Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Jiayu Liu <ji...@hey.com.INVALID> on 2021/12/31 02:18:39 UTC

Migrating datafusion's python binding to https://github.com/datafusion-contrib/datafusion-python

Hi,

I'm following up with https://github.com/apache/arrow-
datafusion/issues/1324 and by using Copybara
(https://github.com/google/copybara) the code under datafusion/python
dir is migrated to https://github.com/datafusion-contrib/datafusion-
python with as much historical context preserved as possible.

Now I would like to propose that we further remove the code under
/python directory so that the build process can be faster and the
operation model for python binding can be more flexible. In the meantime
I can continue to migrate newly committed code.

Jiayu

Re: Migrating datafusion's python binding to https://github.com/datafusion-contrib/datafusion-python

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
I think removing the code in [1] and leaving a pointer to the new location
is a good idea

[1] https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/tree/master/python