Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/14 22:34:50 UTC

HEADS-UP: JtestR support

Anybody has used, currently using, or planning to use JtestR with Buildr?

I'm asking because it's an expensive feature to maintain (the integration
code is a bit awkward and the dependencies often misaligned) and I feel my
time would be better spent on other things that would have a more
significant impact on the project's success.

The JtestR mailing lists are pretty quiet so it's hard to gauge the amount
of interest in the framework itself.

So if you have any interest in JtestR support, please raise you hand.

alex

Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
I'm glad to report that JtestR 0.6 is back to working state on buildr trunk.

Chiaming, if you have the heart to get JtestR working with rspec 2.0, it
would be much appreciated.   We could shed a lot of not-so-clean code in a
whiff.

cheers,
alex

Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support

Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support

Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi,

On Nov 14, 2010, at 3:34 PM, Alex Boisvert wrote:

> Anybody has used, currently using, or planning to use JtestR with Buildr?
>
> I'm asking because it's an expensive feature to maintain (the integration
> code is a bit awkward and the dependencies often misaligned) and I feel my
> time would be better spent on other things that would have a more
> significant impact on the project's success.
>
> The JtestR mailing lists are pretty quiet so it's hard to gauge the amount
> of interest in the framework itself.
>
> So if you have any interest in JtestR support, please raise you hand.

I note in favor of removing it: I ported an ant script that used jtestr to buildr a long time ago.  At first I tried using buildr's jtestr support, but it didn't work how I expected.  I switched to buildr's built-in rspec support and things were much smoother.  So that's a possible transition path to suggest to folks (if any) who are using jtestr+buildr.

Rhett

Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi,