Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by markuslachat <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/17 18:30:47 UTC

Extval generic causes IAException with CODI RenderKit Constructor

I am trying to use CODI 1.0.0 (JSF Bundle) with ExtVal 2.04
(property-validation, bean-validation and generic-support).

As soon as I add the generic-support.jar, the application doesn't start. The
enhancer (cglib) class tries to proxy the constructor of
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.jsf2.impl.scope.conversation.InterceptedRenderKit
and I see the following stack trace.

Superclass has no null constructors but no arguments were given
     at net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer.emitConstructors(Enhancer.java:721)
     at net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer.generateClass(Enhancer.java:499)
     at
net.sf.cglib.core.DefaultGeneratorStrategy.generate(DefaultGeneratorStrategy.java:25)
     at
net.sf.cglib.core.AbstractClassGenerator.create(AbstractClassGenerator.java:216)
     at net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer.createHelper(Enhancer.java:377)
     at net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer.create(Enhancer.java:285)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.generic.renderkit.ExtValGenericRenderKit.newInstance(ExtValGenericRenderKit.java:56)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.generic.renderkit.GenericRenderKitWrapperFactory.createWrapper(GenericRenderKitWrapperFactory.java:45)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.AbstractRenderKitWrapperFactory.create(AbstractRenderKitWrapperFactory.java:112)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.AbstractRenderKitWrapperFactory.create(AbstractRenderKitWrapperFactory.java:107)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.ExtValRenderKitFactory.tryToCreateWrapperWithWrapperFactory(ExtValRenderKitFactory.java:144)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.ExtValRenderKitFactory.getRenderKit(ExtValRenderKitFactory.java:87)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.getResponseStateManager(RendererUtils.java:1203)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.DefaultRestoreViewSupport.isPostback(DefaultRestoreViewSupport.java:180)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RestoreViewExecutor.execute(RestoreViewExecutor.java:113)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:171)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:118)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.jsf2.impl.listener.phase.CodiLifecycleWrapper.execute(CodiLifecycleWrapper.java:94)
     at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:189)

The reason seems to be an empty constructor is missing in this class or in
the superclass, which is javax.faces.render.RenderKitWrapper? Any workaround
for this issue?

Re: Extval generic causes IAException with CODI RenderKit Constructor

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi markus,

thx for the heads-up and for testing it.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -