Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de> on 2004/12/24 14:18:01 UTC

JavaDoc and Taglib Doc

Hi all,

I published JavaDoc and Taglib Doc
during preparing the release of MyFaces 1.0.8beta

Go to:
http://incubator.apache.org/myfaces/docs/faq.html

there are links:
-JavaDoc
-TLDDoc

HTH,
Matthias

Btw. merry xmas for all of guys;

Best regards
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
--
Matthias Weßendorf
Aechterhoek 18

Re: JavaDoc and Taglib Doc

Posted by Adrien FOURES <af...@sigems.fr>.
Thanks a lot

Re: JavaDoc and Taglib Doc

Posted by Adrien FOURES <af...@sigems.fr>.
Thanks a lot

Integrated generic servlet

Posted by Sylvain Vieujot <sv...@apache.org>.
First, 3 examples of the problem :

1 - I have a client object with a logo (image), and I want to display
the logo in the client's form.
The only solution to do this now is to use a <h:graphicImage url="..."/>
and to have the url point to a special purpose servlet.

2 - In the <x:htmlEditor> component, I want to allow the user to upload
images, and then have a standard way to deliver this image back.
I have no easy solution for this right now.

3 - I want to make an extension to the <x:inputText> that works like
google suggest : http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en
This means I need a special purpose servlet that given the initial
characters would return possible completions.

Sure, for each of those cases, we can ask the developer to write special
purpose servlets, but the list of those servlets can grow quite quickly,
and this doesn't help to do RAD.
So, I'm looking for a solution that would help solve those kind of
problems.

My first guess is that we could add this functionality to the extensions
filter (like we do to serve embedded resources).
But I immediately see 2 problems :
1 - How get the backing bean binding.
I guess this isn't too hard to solve using the JSF managed beans
creation facility.

2 - Security
How can we prevent a security breach via this facility, as it would have
a unique URL, and no web container security can be applied.

Any thought on how to solve this ???

Thanks and happy new year to everybody.

Sylvain.

Feature Request HtmlDataTable

Posted by ca...@wildehor.de.
I like the ability to edit data right in a datatable. It can be done with
the rendered="" feature of jsf like:
<x:dataTable var="user">
  <h:outputText value="user.name" rendered="#{editLine!=user.id}"/>
  <h:inputText value="user.name" rendered="#{editLine==user.id}"/>
</x:dataTable>

But there is some extra work to do, to persist the current editline. For
request-scoped beans You could resubmit the current editline with a hidden
field or store it in a session-scoped bean. (which i do not like because
the state should be clear when entering the page the first time.)

My suggestion would be to extend or subclass the dataTable, create a new
component, rendering a inputText or outputText and a component or facet to
show commandLinks in case of editline/noneditline.
This are only some ideas without using my brain;)

Is there a need for someone else for such an extention? I can personaly
live with hidden fields, but i think, this is not the ideology behind jsf
*g*

Merry X-Mas,
Carsten Fregin
Web: http://devnet.furchtbar.net