Posted to user@hama.apache.org by Steven van Beelen <sm...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/20 10:22:56 UTC

HAMA jobs failing, with no debug message - 2

I have a very similar problem as Anveshi Charuvaka is mailing about.

What I found additionally when I set task logging to DEBUG mode, is that
the DEBUG logs get interrupted at same point and replaced with the "INFO
bsp.BSPJobClient: Job failed." message.
My program works in local, distributed and pseudo mode, so that's probably
not the issue.

The only case the program does run, is when I use the maximum number of
machines (i.e. 7 machines, with 12 cores, 128GB ram..). I set the maximum
number of tasks to 12 per node, thus 84. But when I force the program to
run with 60 tasks, the "Job Failed" comes up with no additional info.

Last note: I'm running an Inverted Indexing algorithm with a data set of
approximately 17 GB.
Could someone help me with this?

Regards, Steven

Re: HAMA jobs failing, with no debug message - 2

Posted by Steven van Beelen <sm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info, I'll try it out!
To bad there is no 'Sorted Spilling Message Queue' yet ;-)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: HAMA jobs failing, with no debug message - 2

Posted by Steven van Beelen <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: HAMA jobs failing, with no debug message - 2

Posted by Steven van Beelen <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Edward,

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

--