Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ruchir Arya <ru...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/17 02:26:59 UTC

Which Function to call in order to get absolute path of working copy root node?

Hello Everybody,

I am a student and i focus on open source projects.
Currently i am implementing a feature in subversion, however, i am unable
to find a function which i can call to get the absolute path of my working
copy root node.

For example: Suppose my working copy is "test" which is stored in
"/home/user/Desktop" directory.
My ".svn" is stored in "/home/user/Desktop/test/" directory.

So is there any function which i can just call and get the absolute path of
my working copy which is
"/home/user/Desktop/test" even if i am in any nested directory inside my
working directory.

Replies will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ruchir Arya

Re: Which Function to call in order to get absolute path of working copy root node?

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@gmail.com>.
Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> In the future please use the correct address of this mailing list, see
> https://subversion.apache.org/mailing-lists

I'm not sure that's a reasonable request, as it appears the message was
sent via the Google Groups interface to our mailing list, and *that* system
determined how the message is addressed. (I'm sending this reply through
GG's "reply to all", to see how the reply is addressed.)

- Julian

Re: Which Function to call in order to get absolute path of working copy root node?

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016, at 02:25, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Ruchir Arya wrote on Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 17:26:59 -0800:
> > Hello Everybody,
> >
> > I am a student and i focus on open source projects.
> > Currently i am implementing a feature in subversion, however, i am unable
>
> If you intend to contribute that feature, you might want to discuss it
> with us before you get too far along implementing it.

To prevent duplicated effort, implementing a design that we won't
be able to accept, etc.  There's a bunch of reasons why that's a
good practice.

Cheers,

Daniel

Re: Which Function to call in order to get absolute path of working copy root node?

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Ruchir Arya wrote on Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 17:26:59 -0800:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I am a student and i focus on open source projects.
> Currently i am implementing a feature in subversion, however, i am unable

If you intend to contribute that feature, you might want to discuss it
with us before you get too far along implementing it.

> So is there any function which i can just call and get the absolute path of
> my working copy which is
> "/home/user/Desktop/test" even if i am in any nested directory inside my
> working directory.
>
> Replies will be highly appreciated.

Check what 'svn info --show-item=wc-root' does.  (You can start in
svn_cl__info() in subversion/svn/info-cmd.c.)