Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Juancarlo A�ez <ju...@suigeneris.org> on 2002/02/27 03:14:28 UTC

[maven][jrcs] ArchiveFormat.java, bad name

The code that Stephane moved from .jrcs.rcs.Archive.java to .jrcs.rcs.ArchiveFormat.java takes care of performing keyword substitutions on _revisions_. It does not format archives, nor deal with the internal format of archives.

How about adopting a different name?

Juanco

RE: [maven][jrcs] ArchiveFormat.java, bad name

Posted by Juancarlo A�ez <ju...@suigeneris.org>.

KeywordsFormat is much better.

Note that the particular ASCII format that RCS and CVS use for archives is quite independent of the internal logic of the archive. One could reasonably save the archive using another format, and one could support the formats of other version control tool using Archive.

That means that the code that converts the Archive to a string could be factored out into an ArchiveFormat (or RCSArchiveFormat) class (using the Visitor pattern f.e.)

> A couple of things I would like to do to so that it helps me
> finding what do
> what.
> - continue changing the _ coding style.
> - remove the fully qualified classnames in the code.
> - use getters instead of direct access to protected attributes for classes
> in the same package.
>
> Sound reasonable ?

+1

Posted by Stephane Bailliez <sb...@apache.org>.
>The code that Stephane moved from .jrcs.rcs.Archive.java to
.jrcs.rcs.ArchiveFormat.java takes care of >performing keyword substitutions
on _revisions_. It does not format archives, nor deal with the internal
>format of archives.

>How about adopting a different name?

I realize it was not ideal but could not find a suitable name. I changed it
to KeywordsFormat (there is still the format of each keyword in it which may
or may not be used later). I changed the 'format' method to 'update' so that
it match more or less the reset.

A couple of things I would like to do to so that it helps me finding what do
what.
- continue changing the _ coding style.
- remove the fully qualified classnames in the code.
- use getters instead of direct access to protected attributes for classes
in the same package.

Sound reasonable ?

Stephane