Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Cheang Khai Leng (Central)" <KL...@DIGI.COM.MY> on 2003/12/02 05:47:34 UTC

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hi,

i am getting this error in my server log:

***************
2003-12-02 10:22:23 - Ctx(  ): Get real path \standardpages\footer.jsp C:\server
-3.2.3\webapps\itsclient\standardpages\footer.jsp C:\server\apps\jakarta-tomcat-
ent
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
        <<no stack trace available>>
12652:58608
13424:59275
Exhausted Resultset
13534:59758
11661:57054
12983:58635
*********************

what does the last few lines mean? i have to restart my tomcat everytime i hit this error.

how to increase the JVM heap size?

thanks

Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Posted by "Trenton D. Adams" <tr...@athabascau.ca>.
Cheang Khai Leng (Central) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am getting this error in my server log:
>
> ***************
> 2003-12-02 10:22:23 - Ctx(  ): Get real path \standardpages\footer.jsp C:\server
> -3.2.3\webapps\itsclient\standardpages\footer.jsp C:\server\apps\jakarta-tomcat-
> ent
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>         <<no stack trace available>>
> 12652:58608
> 13424:59275
> Exhausted Resultset
> 13534:59758
> 11661:57054
> 12983:58635
>
> what does the last few lines mean? i have to restart my tomcat everytime i hit this error.
>
> how to increase the JVM heap size?

I've forgotten where to do this on a windows machine, but set the
following environment variable...

CATALINA_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -Xms512m"

mx is maximum memory usage and ms is minimum memory usage.

> thanks

__
---