Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Phil Ulrich <ph...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/02 22:10:35 UTC

Multiple tables in a page (Tap 3.0.3)

I have a number of different objects that serve as models in my app.
Each of them has a variety of different elements but there are two
elements each has in common: name (getName()/setName()) and ID
(getID()/setID()).

On a single page of my app, there need to be multiple Table elements
(from the contrib library) which have one column - the name - and each
name is a DirectLink with the ID passed as a service parameter. When I
have a page with only one table, it's all good.

(Note: the tables are defined in the HTML like so:

columns="ognl:columns" row="ognl:currentObject">
parameters="ognl:currentObject.ID">

ognl:columns calls getColumns(), which just returns "Name" - this is
in case columns have to be added later.)

The problem comes when I try to add a second table. The problem comes from:

Since each type of object has a name, I have to use that form of
declaration (as far as I know, anyway...), but if I try to leave it
like that, I get an error about Multiple references to embedded
component NameColumnValue.

Is there any particular way around it? I'm using Tap 3.0.3 (and no,
upgrading to Tap 4 is not an option).

Thanks,
Phil

Re: Multiple tables in a page (Tap 3.0.3)

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Simply call the 'name' column in your second table to be something else,
e.g. 'name2'. So for the second table you would have

That would avoid the conflict.