Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/16 20:20:34 UTC

Running 2 version of tomcat on same machine

Hi,

I am currently running tomcat4.0.4 on my windows 2000
server , I just downloaded jboss3.0 which comes with
tomcat4.0.3, so i want to install it also, but i dont
want to remove my existing tomcat4.0.4 with all the
exisiting applications running on it...
so what care should i take so there is no conflicts
later on,
here is what i plan
1. I will change all the ports on tomcat4.0.4 as i
dont want to have any conficts of ports and also that
i dont want to modify jboss ports as i am very new to
it.
2. How can i have 2 services running in win2000 one
for tomcat4.0.4 and other for tomcat4.0.3,
3. ANy suggestion for which ports jboss uses so will
not use them for tomcat4.0.4,
4. Can i have apache2.0.39 connecting to both version
of tomcat.
Ashish

Running 2 version of tomcat on same machine