Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2013/10/02 11:06:44 UTC

Strutsathon - Warsjawa

Hi,

Next saturday I will lead Strutshaton at Warsjawa workshops [1], do
you have any ideas what we should work on? My ideas:

- Java Validation JSR 303
- JAX-RS
- Guice 3 instead internal DI
- Strict DMI

[1] http://warsjawa.pl/

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Strutsathon - Warsjawa

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/10/12 Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>:
>>> - Guice 3 instead internal DI
>>
>> That would definitely be a major improvement - so +1 for this.
>
> Actually I am not so sure any longer on this one. I mean, what are the real
> benefits of having Google Guice instead of what we have now?
> I think this should be clarified that.

You are right, but it was one of the topics to select from - and two
guys decided to give it a try ;-) I'm not saying it is important but I
have used it as a catch for new contributors ;-)

>> How about an MVEL implementation of the ValueStack? ;-)
>
> This I consider more important. In general everything related to security

No one chose that and it's hard for people to solve security problems IMHO ;-)

Regards

Re: Strutsathon - Warsjawa

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 2 Oct 2013, at 13:23, Philip Luppens wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Lukasz Lenart
> <lu...@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Next saturday I will lead Strutshaton at Warsjawa workshops [1], do
>> you have any ideas what we should work on? My ideas:
>>
>> - Java Validation JSR 303
>> - JAX-RS
>> - Guice 3 instead internal DI
>>

> That would definitely be a major improvement - so +1 for this.

Actually I am not so sure any longer on this one. I mean, what are the
real benefits of having Google Guice instead of what we have now?
I think this should be clarified that.

> How about an MVEL implementation of the ValueStack? ;-)

This I consider more important. In general everything related to
security

Cheers!
Christian

PS: great to see the term Strutsathon is used :-)

> -Phil
>

>> Regards
>> --
>> Łukasz
>> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

> "We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."
> -
> Randy Pausch

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

Re: Strutsathon - Warsjawa

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
List of tasks
https://github.com/strutsathon/struts2/wiki/Strutsathon

Regards

Re: Strutsathon - Warsjawa

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/10/2 Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>:
>> It's a quite easy task - I did that sometime ago.
>>

> Err, seriously? I must have missed the ticket then - good job ;-)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4027

Regards

Re: Strutsathon - Warsjawa

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: Strutsathon - Warsjawa

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Strutsathon - Warsjawa

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>wrote:

> 2013/10/2 Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>:
> > How about an MVEL implementation of the ValueStack? ;-)
>
> Main problem is with conversion - current conversion mechanism heavily
> depends on Ognl - but maybe we could extract it, I mean add another
> extension point so you can replace the whole conversion logic - right
> now you can replace some parts of it.

Then what about getting Apache Commons OGNL in instead, just to see if we
can profit from the performance improvements?

Just rambling.

-Phil

Re: Strutsathon - Warsjawa

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.