Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org> on 2016/10/21 18:29:56 UTC

Features missing in the webui

When adding features we try to ensure the webui is updated accordingly.
However, there have been a few gaps where the webui has not been updated to
reflect the addition of functionality.

I filed the following epic to collect gaps in functionality:

For example, one that came to mind after discussing with Zhitao is that we
don't display the volumes present on the agent. If you know of any features
that have been added that are missing webui updates please file a ticket
under this epic so that we can collect them together and try to catch the
webui up to the latest state of things.

If there are any ongoing projects that warrant webui updates, don't forget
to make webui changes as part of completing the project.

Any thoughts or feedback?

Ben

Re: Features missing in the webui

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.
Thanks Tomek!

Joris mentioned that we also need to add quota / role weight information:

Posted by Konrad Scherer <Ko...@windriver.com>.
On 2016-10-26 11:50 AM, Tomek Janiszewski wrote:
> @Konrad I checked and it looks like Mesos master doesn't expose
> whitelist in API so it can't be presented in WebUI. I think this
> information + maintenance information should be included in state
> endpoint for each slave. Currently there is only alive field maybe it
> should be extended to something like state and have information like
> alive, maintenance, down, unknown.

Thank you for checking. I also read through the source quickly and
couldn't figure out if the whitelist status was exposed. Makes sense to
expose this information as part of the API but changing the alive field
could break backwards compatibility. Would it be worthwhile to create a
new issue for this or is there an existing issue that this could be
added to?

--
Konrad Scherer, MTS, Linux Products Group, Wind River

Re: Features missing in the webui

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.
@Konrad I checked and it looks like Mesos master doesn't expose whitelist
in API so it can't be presented in WebUI. I think this information +
maintenance information should be included in state endpoint for each
slave. Currently there is only alive field maybe it should be extended to
something like state and have information like alive, maintenance, down,
unknown.

pon., 24.10.2016 o 17:25 użytkownik Konrad Scherer <

Posted by Konrad Scherer <Ko...@windriver.com>.

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Konrad

Currently I'm working on displaying table with maintenance schedule.
I'm sorry I don't understand what whitelist you referred to. Do you want to
display some additional information on offers screen? Could you provide an
example?

pon., 24.10.2016, 15:48 użytkownik Konrad Scherer <

Posted by Konrad Scherer <Ko...@windriver.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.
Thanks Tomek!

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.